Welcome to the Faculty of Human
and Social Sciences
Purpose of the faculty
The purpose of the faculty is to prepare market-ready graduates through responsive and relevant academic programmes, research and community outreach activities.
The faculty is made up of three schools under the leadership of directors. The three schools are the School of Social Sciences, School of Human Sciences and the School of Postgraduate and Research. These schools also host various departments.
Apart from the school, the following centres are also housed in the Faculty:
- Ipelegeng Child and Family Centre
- Population and Demography Unit
- Setswana Language Research and Development Centre
- Soccer Institute
- IKS Centre of Excellence
The faculty has a staff complement of 64 academics and 6 support staff. The total student enrollment stands at 156.
- Social Worker
- Journalist / Public Relations Officer
- Travel Agent
- Tourist Information Officer
- Museum Curator
- Tourism Marketing Officer
- Cultural Heritage Site Manager
- Research Consultant
- Rural Community Development Officer
- Diplomatic Services
- Mediator-in Conflict Resolutions
- Language Specialist