WELCOME TO THE INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
. . . A CENTRE WHERE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS CAN TURN TO FOR HELP AT NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY.
To improve the internationalisation of the North-West University, at the Mafikeng Campus and to enhance the social and educational well-being of the campus’s international community.
Welcoming reception for new international students to the academic environment, University services and other students.
Providing essential first step to life at the University.
Emergency contact point for parents and family trying to reach students.
Advise on travel in South Africa.
Address international students’ queries.
Give support in case of serious illness/accidents or death. Liaise with next of kin where necessary.
Why should you register with us?
- Gain a truly international education by living and studying at North-West University.
- Combine study and travel without extending or delaying your degree.
- Enjoy the unique student lifestyle of an International University.
- Develop a greater understanding of both your own and other cultures.
- Meet new people and form life-long friendships around the world.
- Gain self-confidence and independence.
- Live a peaceful life in mafikeng “the place of stones” and a well recognised capital city of North West Province.
North West University, Mafikeng Campus offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the Faculties of :
- Commerce and Administration
- Agriculture, Science and Technology
- Human and Social Sciences
The campus also offers a bridging course for science and commerce students
The Campus Information desk is where one will on arrival get information, contacts and directions about/to other NWU departments. Adjacent the information desk is the Admission offices where information related to all courses offered can be provided.
Some of the services offered
The Cultural and Social Development office
- offer student leadership programmes that prepares students for leadership roles and responsibilities in the campus community and society at large
- help establish and develop new artists and/or groups
- organises arts and cultural events eg. festivals, competitions, concerts and workshops
- inform students and staff on Arts, Culture and Heritage events and projects
The Sports and Recreation office
- has a soccer academy which is led by highly competitive management
- has a competitive sports clubs that compete in the South African Student Sports Union(SASSU) Tournaments. To mention but a few are: Aerobics,Athletics,Badminton,Basketball,Body-building,Boxing,Chess,Cross-country,Football,Karate,Netball,Softball,Supapool,Table Tennis, Tennis and Volleyball
- offers recreational activities such as: swimming, circuit training, weightlifting, indoor soccer and squash
- administrates an indoor centre that caters for various indoor sports,etc.
The health centre recognises the needs of its clientele, mainly students, and commits itself to the delivery of a high quality cost effective health care service, fosters and maintains a safe and healthy environment of the community.
Health Centre offer the following services: Primary Health Care, Family Planning, Dispensing and Prescriptions, Ante-Natal Clinic (ANC) Services, HIV and AIDS Counseling, Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT) and Referral System.
HIV and AIDS Office
The University also recognises that HIV and AIDS is not only a health issue, but one which concerns the entire University community and our society in every possible respect. The University is committed to play an active role in mitigating the impact of HIV and AIDS, both on its internal constituency of staff and students, and on society as a whole.
Primarily, the HIV and AIDS Office is responsible to co-ordinate or manage all HIV and AIDS activities i.e. (Awareness, Educational, and Outreach programmes).
The Guidance and Counselling offers:
- psychological assessment
- career and information counselling
- academic counselling
- support service for disabled students
- HIV/AIDS counselling
- Relationship counselling
- Cultural diversity counselling
Enquiries : Mr D Ramatshego
Ms Bogadi Sito
Tel. +27(18) 389 2025 or +27 (18) 389 2516
Fax. +27(18) 389 2074 or +27(18) 392 5775
Office no. 345 / 348, Administration Building, 2nd Floor
North-West University (Mafikeng Campus)
Private Bag X2046, Mmabatho, 2735
Helpdesk no. +27(18) 389 2547
[Back to top]